You’re going to spend a lot of time indoors in the coming months so it’s important your living space is up to the challenge. In this post we’ll look at 5 tips for creating a space that will nurture your nature during the depths of winter.
The Perfect Living Space is Easier than You Think
As December turns to January turns to February in the UK it’s crucial that our living spaces foster a sense of comfort and rejuvenation. Here are 5 ways to create perfect living spaces this winter.
● Give Yourself Room to Move – It’s hard enough being cooped up in the house for months at a time. It’s even harder if you’re confined to a crowded space. Job one when it comes to preparing the perfect living space for winter then should be to open things up. Do a thorough cleaning and relegate all unnecessary things to storage then rearrange furniture to create open spaces wherever possible.
● Look to the Light – Your perfect living space should not only cradle you in comfort it should provide emotional succour. Upgrade your lighting scheme to create focal points and distinctive areas within the space. Track lighting, wall sconces and floor lamps as well as candles, dimmers and table lamps when property deployed will all help to create an emotionally satisfying ambiance.
● Upgrade Your Couch – A big comfy couch can be a lifesaver during those long indoor stretches in mid-winter. If your current couch isn’t measuring up go out and splurge on one that does. Don’t forget to adorn it with plenty of fluffy cushions and always have a nice warm throw handy to wrap yourself in while watching your favourite movie on those long, cold nights.
● Keep it Colourful – During the day you’ll want to harvest as much natural light as possible and create an upbeat mood using pastel yellows, lime greens, turquoise blues and the like. You can also create a colourful folding screen from an acrylic Perspex sheet cut to size and mounted on a series of hinged frames. Remember, colour is what’s lacking in the winter landscape.
● Ensure Everything Works – Make sure all your lights have new bulbs, that all your appliances are in good working order and have the furnace checked before the first blast of frigid air engulfs your home. Also make sure you have a working torch, plenty of candles and a fully charged spare battery for your phone in case the power goes out.
The perfect living space is one that embraces you upon entry and presents you with a range of possibilities that will enable you to stave off boredom and keep emotionally engaged in your everyday life. Take these tips to heart to create the perfect interior space.