Here comes the crowd-pleasing Pavlova – a quintessential Aussie dessert and a summer favourite. If you can make a great meringue, you will make an amazing Pavlova. Nevertheless try the recipe below, and don’t be afraid to get creative with toppings including fruit pieces of shaved nuts.
Cooking Time: 60 mins
Prep: 10 mins
• 4 ea. Egg whites
• 90-100 g Natvia, finely ground in food processor
• 5 ml White Vinegar
• 2 g Cornstarch
• 2 ml Vanilla extract (optional)
• 250 g Heavy Whipping Cream
• 14-21 g Stevia Sweetener
• Fresh Fruit of Choice
• Shaved almonds and/or coconut
1. Preheat oven to 130°C and position rack in centre of oven. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Use whisk to beat egg whites on low-medium speed until they hold soft peaks.
3. Start adding Natvia, a tablespoon at a time, tasting after 80g, and continue to beat on high until meringue holds very stiff and shiny white peaks and tastes sweet enough.
4. Sprinkle the vinegar and cornstarch over the top of the meringue and use spatula to fold in gently.
5. Spread meringue to desired shape on baking paper, smoothing the edges. Leave centre slightly hollowed to hold topping.
6. Bake for 50-75mins or until the outside is dry and a very pale cream colour.*
7. When done to preference turn oven off, leave door slightly ajar and let cool completely in oven.
8. The meringue can be stored in a cool dry place in an airtight container for a few days.
9. Just before serving place meringue on a serving plate.
10. Whip the cream until soft peaks form, sweeten with extra Natvia and vanilla then spread into centre of the meringue.
11. Arrange fruit and add garnish as preferred.
If the meringue starts to brown in the first 10 mins, reduce heat (you may need to open door slightly to reduce heat quickly). Serve immediately after topping is applied.
See more at: http://www.sweeterlifeclub.com/recipes/pavlova/