Put the “fun” in fundraising with these 5 ways to raise money for charity at work.
1. Hold a good old-fashioned bake sale
If there is one thing everyone in the workplace can agree on, it’s cake. There is nothing quite like a sweet spread of baked goodies to put people in a generous mood. Get tummies rumbling and cash flowing by holding a good old-fashioned bake sale in your office or workplace. Encourage colleagues to contribute a plate of baked goods each, and request a gold coin donation per item devoured.
2. Change charities each month
A great way to keep workmates motivated to donate is to dedicate each month to a different charity. This is a perfect way to share your generosity amongst a variety of causes. For example, you could raise funds for Cars for Cancer one month, and contribute to a local animal shelter the next. Sharing the love with a range of charities will encourage staff to get involved each month, and it will feel awesome to support so many different causes throughout the year. You could even donate to the specified charity each month as an alternative to buying gifts for those having a birthday.
3. Get active with a team sporting challengeFrom fun runs and obstacle courses to friendly footy matches, there are endless team challenges and sporting events that you can sign up to to get behind a charity. Recruit a team of workmates and prepare to sweat it out for a good cause. You might be surprised by the enthusiasm of your colleagues at the mention of a sporting competition! Don’t forget the matching team t-shirts.
4. Have some fun with fancy dress
Hold a casual dress day or get in the spirit with a fancy dress theme related to your charity. For example, if you are raising money for the environment, get everyone to wear green, and if you are raising money for women’s health, get everyone to wear pink. Have all staff contribute a gold coin donation to get involved. You could even offer a prize for the best dressed as further incentive.
5. Make your colleagues raise money for their freedom
A simple way to raise money that is small on effort but big on laughs is to handcuff two colleagues together and have them remain that way until they can afford to pay their “bail”. All you need is a pair of novelty handcuffs and a target total that you aim to raise. Have the “prisoners” beg other colleagues for their donations until they reach the target and are freed from their shackles.
It can often take a bit of creativity to get your workplace involved and your staff motivated to donate to charity. With these fun and creative ideas, you will be able to get your colleagues in the spirit to raise money in your office or workplace and make a real difference.