Applications for the 56th Australian Export Awards are closing soon and Australian exporters of all sizes, are encouraged to apply via your state or territory export awards program.
The Australian Export Awards is a national program that honours Australian businesses for their export achievements and contribution to Australia’s economic prosperity. Australian businesses of all sizes are invited to enter. You can apply in one or more of 13 national categories – from e-commerce to manufacturing and everything in-between. Finalists have their achievements amplified with national media exposure to recognise their success.
As a joint industry and government initiative, you’ll also gain access to high-level state, territory and federal government decision makers.
The 13 award categories are: Agribusiness Award; Business Services Award; Creative Industries Award; Digital Technologies Award; E-Commerce Award; Emerging Exporter Award; Environmental Solutions Award; Health and Biotechnology Award; Manufacturing Award; Minerals, Energy and Related Services Award; Regional Exporter Award; and Small Business Award.
There is also an Australian Exporter of the Year Award chosen from the 13 category award winners.
Elizabeth Lewis-Gray from Gekko Systems, winner of the 2016 Minerals, Energy and Related Services Award, said: “Going forward we’ll definitely be able to leverage from the export award. In particular, I suppose that we’ve found that our Australian customers are looking at us with fresh eyes.”
“My advice to people planning to enter the awards, is to go for it. Don’t be shy. Don’t think that your business is too small or too big, you’ll be awarded just by the process of entering and if you win, that’s even more exciting.”
What are benefits for my business?
- Boost your organisation’s reputation among local and international customers
- Gain national media exposure
- Increase your profile with the Australian Government
- Network with fellow exporters at exclusive events and learn from each other’s experience
- Improve staff morale with public recognition of your business’s success
- Critically review your business planning during the application process and identify ways to improve export strategies and operations
- Use the winner/finalist logo on marketing campaigns to highlight your achievements
- Attend the national awards ceremony with senior government officials and industry leaders.
Apply via your state or territory export awards program. State and territory winners automatically progress to the national Australian Export Awards program. For more information visit www.exportawards.gov.au
While applications for Victoria have closed, exporters from all other Australian states and territories still have time to apply for the awards. 2018 closing dates for applications are as follows:
- Victoria: Closed
- Australian Capital Territory: 30 July 2018
- South Australia: 31 July 2018
- Western Australia: 6 August 2018
- Queensland: 6 August 2018
- Tasmania: 15 August 2018
- Northern Territory: 16 August 2018
- New South Wales: 17 August 2018
The 56th National Awards Ceremony is scheduled for late November in Canberra and will be attended by members of parliament.