Nothing warms you up on a cold winter’s day quite like a hearty soup. Beat the winter chills with this Smoky Chorizo & White Bean Soup from Beak & Sons.
1 packet of Beak & Sons Smoky Chorizo sausages
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 celery stalks, diced
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
1 litre chicken or beef stock
1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
400g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
400g mixed beans, rinsed and drained
Chopped parsley and parmesan to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat and cook sausages until golden. Remove and set aside. Add the onion, garlic, celery, oregano and paprika and cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the stock and tomatoes, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add the reserved sausage and the beans and simmer for another 5 minutes until heated through.
3. Season and serve with chopped parsley and parmesan.
About Beak & Sons Sausages
Beak & Sons know that quality and quantity of meat is key to making the best tasting sausages. They use only top quality grass-fed beef from the lush Hunter Valley, of New South Wales, to produce a premium sausage that is 92 per cent beef. The highest selling variety, the Smoky Chorizo sausage, is 92 per cent beef and 3 per cent bacon making it 95 per cent meat (the other 5 per cent is herbs and spices), which stands in contrast the meat content of the average sausage on the market, which contains approximately 70 per cent meat.
For more free recipes visit the website: http://www.beakandsons.com.au/recipes