According to a new survey released in the lead up to Valentines Day, Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta were voted as the favourite on-screen couple in cinematic history. The top ten was based on a survey of 3,000 people in the United Kingdom and includes two partnerships which are not on-screen lovers, but are no less memorable. Look at the list and see if you agree with the choices.
Top Ten On-Screen Partnerships
- Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta – Grease
- Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers – Fred and Ginger
- Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey – Dirty Dancing
- James Bond and Miss Money Penny – James Bond
- Julia Roberts and Richard Gere – Pretty Woman
- Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio – Titanic
- Al Pacino and Robert de Niro – Heat
- Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable – Gone With the Wind
- Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon – Thelma and Louise
- Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor – Cleopatra
Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Rose (Kate Winslet) from Titanic would have received my vote for the number one on-screen partnership in cinematic history. I’ve watched this movie a dozen times and the on-screen chemistry between Winslet and DiCaprio still makes my heart flutter, not to mention my eyes weep when Jack (Leo) goes down with the ship.
I’m also partial to Patrick Swayze and what’s her name in Dirty Dancing. Got to love a straight man who can dance!
Digital News Agency (UK)