Online dating has gained so much traction these days it’s almost as if it’s the only form of dating there is. Believe it or not but there was a time those who searched for love on the internet were considered lonely and desperate. Now the world has changed, (as it should) and everyone is getting on the best dating sites for women.
Even if you aren’t a big fan of it, it would be wrong to judge online dating as bad. We all have individual differences and many people still prefer meeting people the traditional ways. There are several examples of couples who met online and are still happily married. Of course, there have also been some terrible experiences such as cases of cat-fishing, one partner merely looking for hookups while the other wanted a serious relationship and even dangerous encounters. No matter the case, you have to admit that online dating has eased the process of meeting people and forging a relationship.
These days even the busiest person can still find love on the internet without having to squeeze time socializing in bars, restaurants and so on. This is probably one of the reasons the system of meeting new people has caught on so fast. Presently, about 15% of American adults claim to have met their partners on a dating site or app. However, as a woman looking for love on the internet, getting on a website or downloading an app is only one part of the process. Just like regular relationships, there are still a lot of hurdles to cross. There are some basic things you should know to find serious men, identify those that may be into you and stay safe at the same time. Here are some simple dating tips for successful online dating.
Online dating tips for women
1. Be sure of yourself: confidence isn’t something you need for offline hookups alone, it is just as important for online dating as well. If you are going to be meeting new men, you need to be sure of yourself. There is nothing wrong with desiring a man that will love you completely. You need to own it and be actively ready to search for such a man.
Being weak and lacking in confidence will make it easy for you to get manipulated since it will be written all over your face. It is recommended that you interact with everyone you meet online with a genuine desire to find a serious partner.
There’s nothing bad in taking an active role and asking questions to get to know him better instead of passively waiting for love to come. Have pleasant conversations, and maintain confidence in yourself. Even if you are naturally shy, the fact that you are behind the screen and the man cannot see you should boost your confidence and help you get out of your shell.
2. Meet in person: online dating starts on a app or website but it doesn’t end there. You need to step out and meet the man on the other side of the keyboard eventually. In most cases, this is when the relationship truly starts. There may be surprises here so brace up for them. A guy may seem flawless online but may be shy, timid or just plain awkward in person. This is why some women prefer to meet the man in person early on in the conversation before getting too far.
Demand that you meet. It doesn’t have to be an extravagant dinner in an expensive restaurant, a movie or coffee date should do. Meeting in person gives you the chance to know the character or behavior of the guy you met online. While there is a chance of him being boring or plain in real life, it is also possible that a man that seems uninteresting online is a much better version of himself when you meet in person. Keep your mind open for both possibilities. Here are some tips to help you stay safe if you are meeting someone from the internet for the first time. https://www.bustle.com/articles/193400-11-tips-for-safe-online-dating-straight-from-an-expert
3. Be yourself: high standards should not just be demanded; rather, it should be earned or expected. There are many women online that set up profiles with words like, ‘I’m a priceless pearl, nothing good comes for free…’ and all sorts. While flowery words and stunning pictures are great for introducing yourself, they shouldn’t be all that there is to you. Even worse, they shouldn’t misrepresent who you really are.
Never demand something you cannot or you are not ready to give. If you want an interesting or adventurous man then be so yourself too. A woman that writes on her profile that she wants a disciplined man must be ready to be so too. Knowing your personality and setting up your profile to represent you is important. This is a golden rule, “never let your profile show you as someone you are not.” this way anyone who meets you in person will not be disappointed.
4. Understand different tactics: dating is sometimes a game that requires you to be smart and informed. This is true for both offline and online hookups. However online interactions has its peculiarities since you are chatting with a faceless person at the beginning. Being smart is the only way you will not find yourself in an uncomfortable or disadvantaged position. Some men start a conversation with women with the intention of being deceptive and unserious. As a newbie, knowing as much as you can about these tricks and deception tactics will help you play safely in your interactions with strangers. Simply block or report unscrupulous fellows without wasting time. Click here for some tips to help you avoid getting cat fished on the internet.
5. Understand the peculiarity of different dating sites: there are various dating sites online, you might have to check for the one that best suit you. Each website has a distinct feature to itself in terms of the location covered, nature of relationship supported, mode of interaction, and so on. Some sites are focused on helping its users get serious relationships while some are made for casual hookups only. Compare various websites and apps to know the right one for you.
6. You need patience: there are both good and bad eggs on the internet, so you may not always meet with the right partner for you at the first attempt. Never lose focus or get discouraged if you don’t hit it off or find the perfect man immediately. You will need to be patient, go on a couple of dates and keep an open mind until you meet that special person meant for you. Some women even use multiple dating sites and get on different platforms until they find the man for them. A safe approach is to focus on having fun and meeting new people rather than being impatient or thirsty for love. This will only put you in a vulnerable position.
These are some of the basic things to keep in mind as a woman getting new to dating on the internet. Bear in mind that people are not the same, and as a result, will not act the same way. You must keep an open mind while finding your partner on the internet. Understand that there are minor rules and basic things you should know to be successful and safe. You can give online dating a try after learning these tips. Best of luck.