In the competitive market of today, standing tall among your peers is critical to your company’s success. You have to differentiate your business and build a unique identity for it to command a market share.
Find your competition
Knowing your competition helps you to understand the playing field better. It also provides an insight into avenues that need work vis-à-vis your competition. Research the industry standards and how you stand according to them. Use the social media to understand what matters at the moment. Find out what your competitors are doing right, and what is making customers flock to them.
How to make your business stand out from the competitors
Once the status of your business among your competitors is clear, you can employ different approaches to stand out from the crowd and add value to your business. It’s difficult but not impossible.
- Stress on providing the best customer experience. A single bad experience can make 33% consumers take their business elsewhere. All customers expect great service and 75% of them consider it to be a true test of a company’s competence. The loyalty-generating power of remarkable customer support is phenomenal. If you can offer extremely extraordinary service that goes far beyond what your competitors are doing, why would your customers go elsewhere?
- Admit mistakes and fix problems regularly. Negative feedback can eat into brand image pretty quickly. Therefore, it is important that businesses go out of their way to improve customer experience and service. Accept mistakes readily and work to correct them. Proper grievance handling can strengthen customer relationships.
- Honesty about products and services make customers admire a business. It gives the business a positive brand-image and reputation. Lying to customers leads to losing faith. Always share bad news but make sure to follow it with solutions. When customers see that a business is being honest, they come to respect it.
- Find your unique element. Continue to brainstorm for new ideas that can reinvent your company. Think about adopting new technologies and introducing innovative processes, products and solutions. Ask your employees and customers to contribute suggestions. Better still, derive ideas from finding and exploiting holes in your competition’s business model.
- Build a strong online presence. Most local businesses are being found out online. As many as 97% customers are looking for businesses on their handheld devices and if your brand does not have an online presence, you are losing customers to your competition. Take the help of the best SEO agencies to build a strong digital presence and feature easily in business listings and social media.
- Reward customers who are loyal. Every business wants new customers but retaining current customers can lead to greater ROI. Also, customers who are loyal to a brand spend almost 66% more and loyalty programs can influence 83% of them to continue their business with the business in question.
Standing out is not easy but creating an advantage for your venture can be possible with the above tactics. Remember to always strive to be better than before.