Congratulations to Monica Meldrum from Albert Park in Melbourne, who has been named the St.George Banking Group AusMumpreneur of the Year 2015.
Now in it’s sixth years, the AusMumpreneur Awards were held in Melbourne on Saturday where talented mums from all over the country gathered to support and encourage other Australian mumpreneurs.
Mother of two, Monica, was presented with the top award by major sponsor St.George Bank’s Head of SME Stuart Zalunardo for her sound business strategy and great vision for the future while achieving a work life balance. Her business, Whole Kids produces Australia’s largest range of certified Organic, allergen friendly, additive free snacks for kids.
Monica said she was thrilled to be named the 2015 St.George Banking Group AusMumpreneur of the Year among such a talented bunch of women.
“I am so humbled and so honoured to receive this award. This just means so much to me. This award gives Whole Kids a platform and a voice to stand up and lead the change to a healthier life and a heathier world for kids,” she said.
AusMumpreneur Network owner Peace Mitchell said the number of entrepreneurial and inspiring mums in business in Australia is phenomenal and growing at lightning speed.
“We are thrilled to be supporting this important sector of the small business community in being recognised for their outstanding achievements. With the support of our sponsor St.George Banking Group and the Federal Minister for Small Business Bruce Bilson, we are reaching new milestones every year to help Australian Mums achieve their business dreams,” said Peace.
There were 13 categories in the 2015 St.George Banking Group AusMumpreneur Awards, with seven judged and six open to public voting. The winners are as follows:
- St George Banking Group AusMumpreneur of the Year: Monica Meldrum, Whole Kids
- Rising Star AusMumpreneur: Alisha Lynch, Naughty Natropath Mum
- Emerging AusMumpreneur: Heather Rowland, Kippins
- Product Innovation Award: Kristie Chong, Modibodi
- Digital Innovation Award: Jodie Blight, Hello TABLE
- Sustainability Award: Vinita Bhumi, Bhumi Organic Cotton
- Business Excellence Award: Casey Bryden, Sunbrella
People’s Choice Award Categories
- Influencer Award: Nikalene Riddle, SkinnyMixers
- Retail Business Award: Samantha Spunner, Sinchies Reusable Pouches
- Service Business Award: Kelly McDonald, Garden Babies Fairy Art
- Handmade Business Award: Melanie Fogarty, Beyond The Willow Tree
- Customer Service Award: Nikki Wilkins, Nurture Nest
- Making a Difference Award: Kristy Vallely, The Imperfect Mum
For more information on the awards winners visit the website: www.ausmumpreneur.com