It’s around this time of year that kids begin to get really excited, and most parents start worrying about money. Kids can’t wait to find out what Santa has bought them. Parents fret about how Santa is going to pay for those new toys, clothes, games, sports equipment and other stuff that their sons and daughters are begging for. And it’s not only parents that stress out at Christmas.
If you’ve found yourself with the problems of having too many Christmas commitments and too little Christmas cash – again – layby shopping will solve them for you. It might be too late to reap the full benefits this year, but by following a few simple steps you’ll have a stress free Christmas in 2015, and every year after.
How layby shopping works
First, don’t become confused between this type of shopping and hire-purchase agreements. Though you make regular payments with both methods, when buying something on hire purchase you also pay interest. With layby shopping there is no interest to pay: you choose what you want to buy, pay off over the agreed time period, and then receive the purchased item shortly after you’ve made the final payment. It really is that easy.
In fact, when compared against hire purchase, things get even better. If for some reason beyond your control you can’t continue with payments, you simply cancel the purchase and request the return of your money. There may be a small cancellation fee to pay, of course, but compare this with the cost of breaking a hire purchase agreement – losing all the money and interest you’ve paid before cancellation, and then having the bought item repossessed – and the benefits of layby shopping against hire purchase keep stacking up.
The Answer to a stress free Christmas
1. Make your Christmas wish list early: some shoppers will do this almost as soon as one Christmas is over. Others decide what they want to gift a little later. The sooner you start the easier it is to budget, but layby is so flexible that you can shop at any time of the year.
2. Shop smart, online and in the comfort of your own home, and avoid all the crowds, the traffic, and the disappointment of out-of-stock items. Choose from all the same stuff you’d find at your local shopping centre, and more.
3. Complete payments for Christmas delivery. Choose your payment period, and make the payments required through the term of the agreement. We recommend making that final payment around 24 business days before the big day itself: that way you’ll be guaranteed to receive your shopping items with plenty of time to wrap them and place them under the tree.
4. Sit back and relax. Look in the mirror: you’ll see yourself smiling back at you and wishing Christmas was here already.
Never miss out on a bargain again.
As if all the above advantages aren’t enough, we’ve got a special value deal for all our customers to remove the last remnants of stress from Christmas shopping. With some companies you need never worry about paying too much for your presents again. If the price of the product you have bought is lower when your final payment is made than when you placed the order, we’ll give you a gift voucher for the difference. That’s a promise you simply won’t find with any hire purchase or ‘buy now, pay later’ shopping agreements.
Make payments when it suits you
Budgeting simply couldn’t get easier than this: you can set up your payments for your goods purchased to be made weekly, fortnightly, or monthly – whatever is best for you – and you can pay early if you wish, with no penalty. Christmas shopping doesn’t get any easier:
- Avoid the crowds
- Make payments on a schedule that suits you
- No interest to pay
- No penalty for early payment
- Guaranteed delivery
- Price guarantees all the way through to final payment
With all these benefits and more, it’s not surprising so many people find online layby shopping as the key to a stress free Christmas.