This information is brought to you by business.gov.au
Interested in completing a course in small business, but don’t have the time or money to attend in person?
The University of Western Sydney, together with the Australian Government, has launched a free online Certificate III in Micro Business Operations course through the new Small Business Building website.
The course takes you through seven units to help you complete the certificate, and covers specific topics for micro-businesses including:
- investigating business opportunities
- developing a business proposal
- managing finances and accounts
- determining resource requirements
- complying with regulatory, taxation and insurance requirements
- marketing, selling and customer service
- reviewing and maintaining a website.
You can complete the course at any time at your own pace, and once completed, you can choose to have your achievements formally recognised by enrolling and submitting your assessment to an accredited Registered Training Organisation (RTO) that has partnered with Small Business Building.
Completing the course online is free, but if you choose to get formal recognition there is a cost which may vary from different RTOs.
Visit the Small Business Building website to find out how you can get started learning today!
For more options on how you can train yourself or your employees, check out our Explore your training options page.
Connect with business.gov.au…
- Join business.gov.au on Facebook to get the latest business news delivered straight to your news feed.
- On Twitter? Follow us @business_gov_au.
- Watch our suite of useful business videos on our business.gov.au YouTube channel.
- Visit our News and Features page to stay up to date with the latest business news this month.