Perfectly positioned in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, Hamilton Island is popular with sailing enthusiasts, honeymooners, and adventure seekers, but one Whitsunday accommodation provider is turning this adult playground into the ideal location for a family holiday.
Clare Rushby, Reservations and Charter Manager at Whitsunday Holidays lived on Hamilton Island for seven years. Now residing on the mainland, the mother of two young children, recently returned for a family holiday with her husband, 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter.
Clare’s holiday experience as a mother of two toddlers has given her greater insight as to why Hamilton Island is the perfect family holiday destination, describing her recent trip as one of the best family holiday’s she’s ever had.
“Everything was just so easy,” said Clare. “You can fly directly to the Island, be collected from the airport, and you’re less than five minutes from your accommodation.”
Opting for the convenience and freedom of a self-contained apartment rather than a hotel, Clare and her family stayed at a property from Whitsunday Holidays’ own portfolio – a two bedroom, two bathroom luxury apartment located directly opposite the beach.
“Being fully self-contained was the best option for our family,” said Clare. “We pre-ordered all our groceries and supplies online from Coles, so everything was there for us on arrival. You can feed the kids straight away, and don’t have to worry about lugging nappies and other baby supplies with you.”
“We were directly opposite the beach and had a choice of five nearby swimming pools, so we could coordinate nap times with ease. The complimentary golf buggy was great for running down to the Marina precinct for a bite to eat at one of the restaurants, or to do a bit of shopping,” said Clare.
“I highly recommend Hamilton Island as a safe, family-friendly holiday destination. I didn’t think my husband and I would be so relaxed with two little ones, but it was all too easy.”
Clare recommends the following activities for families on Hamilton Island:
- A half or full day excursion to Whitehaven Beach by high speed catamaran.
- Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest coral reef and home to hundreds of species of coral and marine life.
- Have breakfast with koalas at WILD LIFE Hamilton Island and meet kangaroos, crocodiles and other Australian wildlife.
- Take the family bush walking on one of the Island’s many walking tracks. Venture to secluded beaches and coves, or take the Passage Peak challenge and be rewarded with breathtaking views.
- Relax with a book on Catseye Beach, join in a game of beach volleyball, or take a kayak or paddle board out across the bay’s crystal waters.
- Book in for some family fun with go-kart racing, bowling, mini golf, jet skiing, or dinghy hire.
- Take a picnic and experience an unforgettable sunset from One Tree Hill lookout.
Whitsunday Holidays oversee a portfolio of sixty properties geared to accommodate families of all sizes and budgets – from one and two bedroom apartments to three bedroom villas, and luxury holiday homes. All have water views and come fully equipped with everything a family needs.
Whitsunday Holidays can advise the best fit for your holiday needs and hey are open seven days a week.
You contact Whitsunday Holidays to make an enquiry about your next Hamilton Island Family Holiday at the website or call the team on 1300 653 997.