For more free recipes by Jamie Oliver visit the Woolworths recipes website – where you can easily purchase everything you’ll need to follow Jamie’s recipe and have it home delivered in time for you to prepare a Christmas feast!
Jamie’s Piri Piri Prawns With Feta
Tip: To double check the prawns are cooked, cut one open and check the inside – the flesh should be opaque.
4 cloves of garlic
2 fresh red chillies
½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
12 large Australian Green Prawns, from sustainable sources
a few sprigs of fresh mint
1 tablespoon honey
50g feta cheese
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and de-seed and finely chop the chillies.
- Place in a medium bowl with the paprika, oregano and prawns, then season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle with a good lug of oil, toss everything together and leave to marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- If cooking the prawns on the barbecue, place 4 wooden skewers in a tray of water to soak, this will stop them from burning.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium or, if using a griddle pan, place over a high heat.
- Pick the mint leaves and halve the lemons.
- Shake any excess marinade off the prawns. If barbecuing, thread 3 prawns on each skewer and place on the barbecue with the lemon halves cut-side down. If griddling, place the prawns straight onto the griddle pan, with the lemons cut-side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until opaque and cooked through.
- Serve the prawns drizzled with the honey. Crumble over the feta and scatter over the mint leaves and rocket. Carefully squeeze over the charred lemons and serve straight away.