Melbourne-based media production company, Immediacy, has won a top accolade at the Meetings & Events Industry Awards (Victoria) in the Special Event Organiser category.
The company won the award for its work with Victoria’s largest health and safety event – Work Safe Week. Hosted by WorkSafe Victoria, the week has more than 90 events, ranging from small workshops for 20 people, through to an Awards dinner for 900 and a large-scale conference and expo for health and safety representatives.
Linda Marshall, Co-Director of Immediacy, said: “For Work Safe Week, we event managed and venue themed a range of events as well as developing the profiles of the Award finalists for the WorkSafe Victoria Awards. As well as series of informative seminars we organised a conference and expo for 1,500 health and safety representatives, the largest event of its kind in the world.”
“We always aim to produce strategic, memorable events that consistently challenge industry norms and raise the standard. This award is a great acknowledgment of our achievements.”
The Meetings & Events Industry Awards recognise individuals and businesses that demonstrate best industry management practices and outstanding performance in Australia. The Special Event Organiser category looks for well organised, well managed businesses that present work examples demonstrating creativity, originality and innovation in managing challenges.
Tara Byrne, Co-Director of Immediacy, added: “This award reaffirms our passion to produce successful events that feature the most innovative, creative and technical approaches. We see this as our point of difference as we aim to provide our clients with a unique experience. Our win is testament to the hard work and dedication provided by our staff and suppliers on a daily basis.”
Linda and Tara list some their top tips on how to deliver successful events:
- Focus on producing an event that has clear objectives and measurable outcomes;
- Understand the communication – know what change you want to affect. There has to be a mission to justify the commitment of budget and resources;
- Know your audience – who are you trying to reach, and why? Devise an experience that is appropriate for the audience…sounds obvious but is not always adhered to;
- Develop your message – what do you want to say to your audience and does it have anything new or exciting to offer them? This will help devise the format, style and tone of the event;
- Reinforce your desired image – ensure the every element of the event conveys your principles and brand, and if necessary, corrects any misconceptions;
- Provide return on Investment – if you were to put a value on the stated objective behind the event, what would it be? Reveal the budget to the event manager so the event is designed within the budget parameters;
- Raise the bar – avoid a mediocrity by including a high degree of creativity and technical excellence for an event that is memorable and engaging;
- Create a guest experience – ensure a great experience for all the guests at the event and all stakeholders along the way; and
- No one can do every element themselves therefore make sure you work with a good team of experienced specialists to get the best result for the event.
Immediacy has more than fifteen years of industry experience and offers a creative and strategic approach to the production of live events, exhibitions, displays, film, video and graphic design. For more information on Immediacy please visit the Immediacy website.