The spooky season is arriving once more with a tasteful vengeance! Scare your taste buds this Halloween with a homemade snack that will deliciously surprise even the most fancy dessert connoisseurs.
With the DIY attitude running strong at Halloween time, it is good to get crafty. Along with homemade pumpkin heads and decorations, why not have homemade treats to go with it!
1. Mooberry Apple PopsNewtown-based frozen yogurt company Mooberry has recently launched a new product called Apple Pops. The age of toffee apples is over and the times of the caramel apple has come! Mix up your Halloween with this fresh idea. The dessert starts with a Granny Smith apple, which is then delicately coated in a luxurious, salted caramel topping. Extras are then added. Look at Mooberry Apple Pops for ideas. They include Belgian chocolate, honeycomb, crushed peanuts, marshmallows, Oreos and many more. Go wild with your favourite toppings! Visit Mooberry today for some fresh DIY dessert inspiration.
2. Ghost Meringue Chocolate MuffinsGet your ghostly cooking creation ideas from www.thecomfortofcooking.com. Create a chocolate muffin that will trick people into wanting one, simply because they look so amazing! Then treat your senses, as the fusion of meringue and chocolate will make you fall in love with this recipe. This formula will haunt you all year, making you come back to this recipe even when it’s not Halloween.
3. Black Cat CookiesMcCormick has come up with a unique cookie recipe that everyone can follow. Although black cats are an omen for bad luck, you won’t have a problem getting rid of these delicious cookies. The only bad luck will be not having made enough cookies, as they are sure to be a Halloween hit! With rich chocolate and a delicious selection of sweets, these will steal the show. Visit http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Halloween for more Halloween recipes.
4. Graveyard CakesGraveyards are generally a scary place – however, when lathered in smooth chocolate and decorated with sweets, it is inviting to anyone. With the cream-filled biscuit gravestones marking the death of those cake lovers who never returned from their food coma, all will enjoy this cake. Some sour snakes can add a delicious flair to your cake. Visit http://www.thedailymeal.com for more cake ideas.
5. Witches HatsHave no fear, inspiration is here! Where style meets simplicity, you have witches hats. It consists of a simple concoction of short bread cookies, a chocolate kiss and frosting. Finally there is proof that witches are good for something. For more DIY Halloween desert ideas visit http://www.southernliving.com.