To celebrate its fresh new look, Cool Ridge decided to ask the nation just what they honestly believed about water. Cool Ridge then compiled the results and found out exactly what myths are out there and the results may surprise you.
- A massive 98% of people surveyed believed that drinking water actually makes you healthier. While water will assist in this area, there is no clear evidence that water alone will lead to improvements in your health.
- 44% of women surveyed are living in hope that drinking lots of water will get rid of cellulite, and 97% are sure that water will give them clear smooth skin – sorry girls, no credible research supports either of these statements. However, keeping your body hydrated will keep your skin looking healthier than if you were dehydrated.
- 44% of people surveyed believed that drinking a litre of water before going to bed will stop you getting a hangover in the morning – wrong. Water will assist with the rehydration aspect of the hangover, but as we all know, by then the damage is done!
- Perhaps the biggest myth in circulation was show when 30% of those surveyed believed that drinking chilled water makes you lose weight quicker by increasing your metabolism – wrong. There is no conclusive evidence to support this theory.
Cool Ridge Australian spring water is available in the following sizes:
- 350ml – rrp $1.90
- 600ml – rrp $2.50
- 1.5L – rrp $3.60
- 12 x 600ml multi-pack – rrp $9.99 (available at supermarkets and grocers)
source: Cool Ridge Beverages