Entries for the 2012 Telstra Australian Business Awards for small and medium sized businesses will open on 6 February 2012. It’s the 20th year of the awards program, which celebrates the achievements of the small and medium business sector in Australia.
The 2012 Telstra Australian Business Awards have five Award categories, including The Start-Up Award, offered for the first time in 2012 and is open to businesses that have been operating for between one and three years and have up to 200 employees.
The five award categories for 2012 are:
1. News Limited Micro-Business Award – For businesses with five employees or fewer.
2. MYOB Small Business Award – For businesses with more than five employees but less than or equal to 20 employees.
3. Commonwealth Bank Medium Business Award – For businesses with more than 20 employees but less than or equal to 200 employees.
4. The Start-Up Award – For businesses that have been operating for between one and three years and have up to 200 employees.
5. Telstra Regional Business Award – For businesses in each state and territory located outside the metropolitan areas of the capital cities.
In addition, The 1300 AUSTRALIA People’s Choice Award is open to all submitted entrants in the Telstra Australian Business Awards. It gives the Australian public the opportunity to vote for their favourite businesses via the Telstra Australian Business Awards website from 4 April 2012.
Furthermore, the Awards offer all entrants a Business Health Check, a free 70-page report that evaluates business performance against independent benchmarking of core business indicators including business planning and performance, customer and financial management, HR, sales, marketing and product development. The Business Health Check helps entrants to grow their business tomorrow by knowing where it is today.
For finalists and the winners, Telstra Australian Business Awards bring accolades, a public profile, and a share of $500,000 in cash and prizes.
Winners of state and territory categories will go onto the national Telstra Australian Business Awards in Sydney on 29 August 2012, with the overall state and territory winners eligible to win the 2012 Telstra Australian Business of the Year.
Businesses can submit entries from 6 February. Entries will close on 2 April. To nominate go to telstrabusinessawards.com or call the Telstra Business Awards Team on 1800 262 323.
More information on the Telstra Australian Business Awards can be found at www.telstrabusinessawards.com