After winning Best New Product at the 2009 Australian Fashion Hair Awards, Seven Day Miracle, an intense moisture masque from Australian company Original & Mineral, O&M is well placed to advise women on the Seven Deadly Hair Sins.
Advice from O&M® on the seven deadly hair sins:
1. Styling for styling’s sake – Resist temptation to coat your hair in all manner of products as over styling can leave the hair dry and unhealthy. Research your products carefully and make sure you use systems and products which are the least harsh on your hair.
2. Heat exhaustion – Excessive heat, especially on fragile and dyed hair can cause unwanted frizziness. Be sure to use a hair dryer which has a cooler setting and invest in a good set of irons to limit damage and negative effects that heat styling can cause.
3. 3 S’s – Sun, Sea and Swimming – The sun and excessive exposure to salt and chlorine is as damaging to your hair as it is to your skin. Be sure to use products with UV protector in them and cover up your head to limit stress by the sun and sea.
4. Blow me down – Wind can put unwanted stress onto your hair, especially if it is dry and damaged beforehand. Dry hair = open cuticles which means damaging pollutants from the air can enter into the hair causing it to become increasingly brittle. Keep hair conditioned in the colder months in order to maintain your mane.
5. Colour me right – Colour does wonders to brighten up your hair but over colouring can be unbelievably harmful to even the healthiest head. Make sure you utilise colour systems which have no ammonia and limited chemicals in order to be as kind to your hair as possible.
6. Clockwork checkups – Make sure you get to the salon every 6 – 8 weeks for a cut, keeping split ends at bay and your hair in top condition.
7. You are what you eat – Finally, make sure you eat a healthy diet as healthy hair starts from the inside out.
Original and Mineral® Seven Day Miracle is the once a week treatment that combats stressed and tired tresses, by protecting and rejuvenating your locks and scalp from the harsh effects that colouring, the sun, continued use of styling products, blow drying and straightening can have. Containing rapeseed and macademia oils for nourishment, a natural humectant which allows the hair to retain and restore moisture, and natural silica for added shine and gloss; this botanical packed formula will leave damaged hair deeply nourished and repaired.
For more information visit the website www.originalmineral.com