StarTrack, a business of Australia Post, is asking online shoppers in Australia to vote for their favourite online store of 2015 in the StarTrack Online Retail Industry Awards (ORIAS) People’s Choice Award. Your vote will put you in the running to WIN 1 of 10 $1000 gift cards.
New research released to coincide with the 2015 ORIAS has revealed that one in five Australians admit to shopping online while in bed with the lights out and 86% of us, purchase items online that we are too embarrassed to buy in-store.
The research, which consisted of surveying 1,000 online shoppers, identified 5 common types of online shoppers:
- The sneaky shopper. More than one in four of us (27%) confess to shopping online at work. A small but dedicated number (3%) even admit to calling in sick or working from home to sign for online shopping deliveries. Another 24% have cheekily tried an item on in-store with the intention of buying it online later.
- The blushing buyer. 86% of Australians rely on the discretion and privacy of online retailers to buy items that they are too embarrassed to purchase in-store. Such items include underwear, hair removal cream, personal hygiene products, action figures and medications.
- The addict. While the majority of people shop online up to twice a day, 13% of shoppers can’t resist browsing online stores 3–4 times a day, or the equivalent of 4.6 hours a week.
- The covert consumer. Some Aussies will go to great lengths to keep their online shopping habits a secret from their partner, friends or even their boss. For these shoppers, the secret stays between them and their favourite online stores.
- The big spender. Three-quarters of Australians spent up to $300 per month or $3,600 per year – the equivalent of an international holiday.
Launching for the first time in 2015, the StarTrack People’s Choice Award will be determined by consumer votes as opposed to other categories of the ORIAS, which are determined by a panel of industry judges. Online shoppers can vote for any Australian retailer who has an online presence.
Online shoppers who vote for their favourite online retailer during the voting period will be in the running to win one of ten $1,000 Load&Go gift cards. For more information and to cast your vote for your favourite online store, visit the website: startrack.com.au/peopleschoice
Voting for the People’s Choice Award opened on 15 April and will close on 1 June, 2015 with finalists announced on 17 June and the winning online store announced on 23 July at the conclusion of the Online Retailer Conference & eCommerce Expo.
Photo credit: © gabe9000c – Fotolia.com