The #PinkRibbonPromise, is a pledge that any woman can make to their sister, friend, mother, husband – anyone close them – to show that they will be there for them no matter what.
Your #PinkRibbonPromise can be whatever you want it to be. For example: “I promise to catch up with you for a coffee at least once a month”; “I promise to tell you if I think you’re taking too much on at work”, or “I promise to be by your side through thick and thin”.
Pink Ribbon Ambassador Zoe Marshall, who lost her mother to breast cancer, made her own #PinkRibbonPromise with her close friend Juliana.
“Juliana and I made a joint promise to encourage women to love their bodies. Since I turned 30 I have a new appreciation for my body and my health. This promise is for all women, including myself,” said Zoe.
“My mother was my everything, and cancer has deeply affected both mine and my husband Benji’s lives. It’s rare to meet someone who hasn’t been affected by cancer in some shape or form.”
“I hope that by encouraging women to Unite in Pink and make their own personal #PinkRibbonPromise we can help to raise the crucial awareness and funds this October to help beat breast and gynaecological cancers.”
Every day in Australia, around 50 women are diagnosed with breast or a gynaecological cancer and they will all need our help and support.
In NSW alone, it’s predicted that, by 2016, 18 people will be diagnosed with breast or gynaecological cancer every day, with over 6,500 cases expected in a single year.
Cancer Council is the only cancer charity in Australia that funds research to beat both breast and gynaecological cancers while also supporting the entire cancer journey.
You can make your own #PinkRibbonPromise today at http://pinkribbonpromise.pinkribbon.com.au/#make
This October, Cancer Council aims to raise $9.47 million nationally, and $3.66 million in NSW, to continue to fund vital research, support and prevention programs for the thousands of women affected by cancer, and their families.
How You Can Support the Pink Ribbon Campaign
- Sharing a #PinkRibbonPromise with someone close to you, via http://pinkribbonpromise.pinkribbon.com.au/#make
- Hosting a Girls’ Night In or Pink Ribbon fundraiser.
- Volunteering your time and joining thousands of generous volunteers across the country who will work together selling merchandise to help beat cancer this October.
- Buying Pink Ribbon merchandise on Friday 24th October for Pink Ribbon Day 2014.
- Donating to Cancer Council Pink Ribbon this October. Big or small, your donation will help beat breast and gynaecological cancers.
To get involved, simply call the Cancer Council on 1300 65 65 85 or visit www.pinkribbon.com.au to get started.