The more you understand about preparing for your wrinkle relaxer sessions, the easier it is to avoid complications. Anti-wrinkle injections are quick and straight forward but what you do before and after your treatment does matter.
Immediately after Your Appointment
Directly after your wrinkle relaxer treatment, you can expect the area to be slightly red and swollen but this quickly subsides within an hour or two. Patients are free to resume their normal routine after an appointment but vigorous exercise should be avoided. You also shouldn’t lie down for several hours after your treatment. The results of the injections will gradually start becoming visible and can last up to 16 weeks.
Sleeping after Wrinkle Relaxer Treatments
Not many patients realize that they need to take their daily habits into consideration if they’re considering anti-wrinkle injections. It’s essential that you don’t sleep on the areas that have been injected as it could cause the ingredients to shift. By making a point of sleeping on your back, you’ll give the wrinkle relaxer time to settle. Luckily, you only need to be conscious about this for 24 hours.
Caring for Your Skin after a Wrinkle Relaxer Treatment
According to Dr Hunt clinic, it’s completely fine to wear makeup after your treatment but it should be kept to a minimum. Basically, you don’t want to apply any pressure to your face for 24 hours and applying makeup might do that. You are also free to continue with your usual skincare routine after your appointment but you should touch your face as little as possible. If your skin happens to feel slightly drier, speak to your clinician about a serum.
Anti-Wrinkle Injections – What to Avoid
- Anything that will thin your blood. Whether it’s alcohol, pain killers or supplements such as vitamin E, anything that will thin your blood should be avoided before and after your treatment. This is because bruising becomes more likely.
- Physical exercise. For 24 hours after your wrinkle relaxer treatment, exercise should be avoided. If you accidentally apply pressure to your face or raise your heart rate too much directly after your appointment, you can alter your results.
- Heat exposure. Once you’ve received anti-wrinkle injections, it’s best to stay out of direct sunlight for at least 24 hours. Basically, anything that will expose your skin to intense heat should be avoided, including tanning beds and saunas.
- Massaging the treated area. You might be tempted to touch your face after your treatment but this is not a good idea. It’s important not to massage your face after wrinkle relaxer treatments either as this could disrupt the product.
- Tight headwear. Hats and headbands should be avoided after anti-wrinkle injections, particularly if your forehead was treated.
Now that you have a better idea of how to prepare for your treatment, you can start searching for a reputable clinic. It should be noted that not just anyone can administer wrinkle relaxers, it takes a specific knowledge about the product as well as general facial anatomy.
Use your consultation as a chance to find out more about the qualifications and experience of the person who will be injecting your face. The web is also filled with usual information such as reviews that will help you make a more informed decision about a cosmetic clinic.
Your clinician will be able to give you a better idea of the number of units you will require to achieve your ideal outcome.