Fitbit has unveiled their smartest and most stylish looking fitness tracker to date at the Consumer Electronics Show in Los Vegas. The Fitbit Blaze smart fitness watch has enhanced fitness features and a slim design with interchangeable bands and frames, and a colour touchscreen with a variety of different clock faces to fit your personal style.
Focused on the features that make tracking your health and fitness easier, Fitbit Blaze includes smart notifications like call, text and calendar alerts, and a long battery life of up to 5 days.
“One of the first things we learned in this industry is that fitness is personal – and if something isn’t your style, you won’t wear it,” said James Park, CEO and Co-Founder of Fitbit. “With Fitbit Blaze, we pushed the boundaries of what’s possible to create a beautiful, versatile device that can be customised to fit your personal style while packing a powerful fitness punch to help you reach your goals.”
The creators of Fitbit Blaze say their latest device was built with next-generation features to help you take your workouts to the next level, including:
- FitStar Personal Trainer on-screen workouts deliver guided instructions and animated images to three of the most popular personal trainer workouts from FitStar: Warm It Up (8 minutes), 7 Minute Workout, and 10 Minute Abs. Each workout is free and can be accessed at any time with no app or smartphone required.
- Connected GPS delivers real-time exercise stats like distance, pace and minute-mile split times when connected to a smartphone’s GPS. After each workout, stats sync wirelessly to the Fitbit dashboard to let you review your route, speed and elevation in more detail.
- PurePulse continuous wrist-based heart rate tracking helps maximise any training routine with simplified heart rate zones to help you maintain workout intensity and better track calories burned during each workout. PurePulse also provides all-day insights into overall health, including resting heart rate and heart rate trends over time.
- Multi-sport mode lets you record specific activities like biking, cardio, running, weights, yoga and more while providing relevant, real-time performance stats. PurePulse is enhanced while in Multi-sport mode for better heart rate tracking, especially during high intensity workouts.
- SmartTrack automatic exercise recognition automatically recognises and records continuous movement activities like biking, hiking and running, with general categories for aerobic workouts (i.e., Zumba®, cardio-kickboxing and other dance classes) and sports (i.e., tennis, basketball and soccer).
Fitbit Blaze also features the following smartphone notifications:
- Bluetooth® Smart connectivity delivers call, text and calendar notifications through on-screen messages and a vibrating alert.
- Accept and reject calls directly from Fitbit Blaze when connected to a compatible smartphone.
- On-screen controls for playlists and volume when playing music from your connected smartphone.
- Automatic sleep tracking to let you know how long and how well you sleep. You can also set a silent alarm that gently vibrates to wake you.
Fitbit Blaze is compatible with more than 200 Android, iOS, and Windows mobile devices and is available for presale at Fitbit.com for $329.95 (Australian dollars) with retail availability in stores starting in March 2016.
Initially, it will be available with black, blue, and plum bands along with a stylish collection of premium accessory bands and frames. A full line of interchangeable bands in a range different colours and styles (see below) with additional accessories, will be available in the near future.