The popular bingo site polled its customers to find out what qualities women believe are the most important in maintaining a strong friendship.
The Top 10 Responses were as follows:
1. Make time for each other, even if it’s just a quick phone call
2. Always keep secrets, no matter what they are
3. Don’t forget birthdays
4. Always lend them clothes or shoes if they need a last minute outfit
5. Be brutally honest at all times
6. Trick them into drinking soft drinks when they’ve had one too many
7. Always share all gossip
8. Support each other unconditionally
9. Be a friend to their other half too
10. Agree to grow old disgracefully together
Mecca Bingo then looked into why these friendships are so important, not only emotionally put physically.
Did you know that maintaining a close female friendship releases Oxytocin, a hormone that reduces tension levels and produces a calming effect.
Women on average speak about 20,000 words a day, 13,000 more than the average man. Having an outlet for these words is vital. Most women will usually share a piece of gossip within 48 minutes of hearing it!
Women are also scientifically proven to have better memories than men; so having someone who is guaranteed to remember your important dates (and remind those who may have forgotten!) is a surefire way to keep you happy.
Provided by Mecca Bingo