Australia’s first ever Women’s Health Week will take place from September 2-6 this year. Local organisations will host community events around the country and national not-for-profit Jean Hailes for Women’s Health will post a series of free health resources, practical tips and motivating videos on womenshealthweek.com.au. Each day will have its own theme:
Monday – Wellness
Invest in your health and schedule check-ups to prevent problems – Think about:
- How well you are
- Investing in your health
- Planning for wellbeing
- Time for a tune-up
- Your health matters
Tuesday – Ourselves
Take some time out for yourself to re-balance – Think about:
- It’s OK to invest in me
- Is guilt stopping you?
- Take a break
- Quality not quantity
- Sharing the load and re-balancing
- For men, think about the women in your life
Wednesday – Move
Commit to physical activity, no matter how big or small – Think about:
- Small steps, big rewards
- Building blocks
- Seize the moment – today is the day!
Thursday – Eat
Share ways to eat and drink well – Think about:
- How you can eat well most of the time
- Check when/what/ why you are eating
- Eat/drink regularly
- Balanced nutrition – eat the colours of the rainbow
Friday – Networking
Check in with yourself and your emotions and reach out to connect with family, friends and colleagues – Think about:
- Healthy self – healthy relationship
- There is no health without mental health
- Laugh aloud – lifting your mood
- It’s OK to feel flat, but it’s important to know how to get back up again
What you can do for others
What’s your health pledge?
If you could make just one small change in your life, what would it be?
Register for free at womenshealthweek.com.au, read the Great Wall of Pledges and add your own small pledge to improve your physical or mental health. You’ll also receive discounts and special offers from supporting partners and go into the running to win an iPad mini.
Published with the permission of Jean Hailes for Women’s Health 1800 JEAN HAILES (532 642)